They are the last books that Michael checked out. We picked some of them out carefully for specific reasons. He went to my mom and dad's for his Spring Break. They took him to the King Tut exhibit and the Terracotta Army exhibits. He wanted to read up on the subject. To know more than Pa.
Michael checked out:
- Tut Tut (part of the Time Warp Trio series) - Loved this series of books and read them quite fast.
- 1944: America Storms the Beaches - a book about World War 2. He started this book, but did not finish it.
- Discoveries - Tutankhamun: the life and death of a Pharoah - again to know more about King Tut. He did say that he didn't read it all "because he wanted to be surprised at the museum".
- Eyewitness books - Ancient China. Again to read up in preparation for the Terracotta Army exhibit.
- Star Wars: Last of the Jedi - Of course. He loved the Star Wars
- Animorphs: The Conspiracy - We renewed this book once. He had not yet read it.
- The Spiderwick Chronicles: A Giant Problem - He was a little scared to watch the movies, so he decided to read the books. After reading, he decided he was ready to watch. We were going to watch it over the Easter weekend. But never got the chance to.
All of these books are kept on our hall closet door knob. In a pink Clinique bag (a gift with purchase). Michael never wanted to carry the library bag because of its pinkness.
Our library days were Tuesday. I let him sit in the front seat on the way home on these days. The library is about 2 miles from our house, so not a far distance. It was a special treat to sit up front.
And so, I have these books. They need to go back. But I find it so hard to let go of them. It is just another reminder that my buddy is not coming home. That this is not an extended Spring Break.