Thursday, May 28, 2009

cd



We made CDs of Michael's favorite music to give to his classmates (no worries, family and friends, we made a ton of extras to give to all of you as well!).  I did edit the list a bit as I thought some of his favorites might not be appropriate for all households (nothing terrible ... but not everyone lets their kids listen to Low or My Humps or Baby Got Back or Ice, Ice Baby).  Maybe I will put together a volume 2 of his favorites that can include more of the edgier songs. In our house, the beat of the music was important. We like a funky beat that we can dance to...

Anyway. I thought I would share the cover and inside cover.  These are just some of the songs that we sang on road trips.  Danced to in our house.  Sang while cleaning or playing video games or walking in the store.  

Songs that every time I hear, I will think of Michael.  And smile.  And remember him.  His spirit.  His funky dance moves.  His booty shakes.  


6 comments:

Kim said...

That is some GREAT taste in music! I look forward to volumes 1 AND 2! Sending love your way!

Gruenewald Family said...

We love all the same songs! Go figure? Jenny, Steve, Xander and GG

Jenny Gruenewald said...

We even love the ones you left off! We would like to order Volume 1 and 2. from you. I could give you blank CD's. Jenny

southernjoy said...

I found your blog through Liz. I'm not sure if you remember me from Berry, but I wanted you to know that your family is in my prayers. May God hold you, comfort you, and give you strength to take each new step.

((((hugs)))) -
Joy from berry

Cindy said...

Thanks for the CD, Jenn. Jack and I listened to it on the way to the beach. He loved the Kanye West song (go figure!) and we played several of them over and over (and over...) again. We love this little treasure that you've shared with us, giving us a little piece of Michael's life to hold on to. Love it, love you.

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
We'd love a copy. Michael's play list sounds a lot like Tony's ipod.You'd have to add in the other songs though, maybe even throw in 'Right Round' or some Ludacris! :)
Nicole