Tuesday, May 09, 2006
But do I have anything interesting to say ... that's the real trick, isn't it?
I will make another list ... because my ADD tendencies prevent me from expanding on any one subject for too long ...
Today I am grateful for...5 Things:
1. My orange shoes. I look at my feet and smile ... everytime. It's like a little treat.
2. Rachel Ray. Because the husband tells me I cook the same things over and over again and always with BBQ sauce. And rice. We only have those kinds of things 3 or 4 times ... a week. OK - so I tend to overdo it with the same thing. Rachel Ray to the rescue!
3. My iPod adapter for the car. Always have my favorite tunes to sing along to in the car. My current favorites groups are The Weepies and Fisher. Love the folk music. I'm so cool.
4. Lists. I love to make lists and lists of things to do, to buy, to make. I don't always remember where I have placed my lists ... but that's OK. I will just make a new one! Such promise to have a new list drafted. And to scratch off what I have accomplished? There is no better feeling.
5. Crystal Light Peach Tea packets on the go - because sometimes, plain water is a drag.
Have a pleasant today and a fabulous tomorrow!
Monday, May 08, 2006
Now that we have that covered! It is freakin' May! Where has the time gone??? I have been so busy with this new job, Michael, Stu, scrapbooking, life...
Let's see...what can I tell you...
1. Probably the most exciting news is that I am going to be a Master's level class in Project Management in the Arts for the Fall Semester. Scares the Dickens out of me.
2. Michael is making great progress in the reading and writing arenas. He likes to keep everyone on their toes until the last possible minute. Just when you are ready to throw him out the window, he comes up with the goods. Ahh...he gets the Mommy procrastination streak ... I want to take the time now to apologize to my parents for always making them pull their hair out. Especially Daddy - have you seen his hairline? Yep - my fault. I take full responsibility.
3. I am addicted to scrapbooking. I dream about it. I am taking out a second mortgage on my home just so I can buy more supplies. (Just kidding ... but only a little bit). Having so much fun documenting the everyday. And I love that my friends are equally addicted. Most people get a blank look when I go on and on about how much I love and adore Heidi Swapp.
4. My friend Carmen and I are road-tripping down to Tampa this weekend to take a class with a Scrapbook celebrity - Elsie Flannigan. So stinking excited. You have no idea.
5. I will stop talking about stinking scrapbooking so that I will still have readers.
6. Michael is going to turn 7 in a little under two months. Why must he continue to grow? And he wants to grow up faster ... because as he says "it's not easy being a kid". And by the way? He is not getting married either. He is against it.
7. Stu is doing well. His contract was renewed, so they "like him, they really him".
8. I'm sorry I lied. One last scrabooking thing. Here's my latest page:
I will be better at updating...really. I know, I know. I have said that before. But this time will be different. Trust me internet. You know you want to.
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Had a great time. Scrapbooked, had a fabulous dinner at Food Glorious Food (grouper - who knew I liked fish so much!), laughed and laughed. So fun. Came home at midnight to a quiet house. Good times.
I will be entering into my fourth week at the new job. I really think this is going to be a great thing. I am slowly but surely getting to know where everything is and I think that the people are starting to warm up to me and I to them. Anyone out there proficient in Photoshop or InDesign? I need some lessons! I am reading anything I can get my hands on about these programs now and trying my hand at them.
Smooches to everyone ... gotta go fold the laundry and wait for this dumb football game to be over so that I can watch what looks to be a fabulous episode of Grey's Anatomy!
Monday, January 16, 2006
Four jobs you have had in your life (in descending order): I have had quite a few jobs so let's see if I can pick the better of them ...
1. My first job ever was as a server at Rockin' Robins in Snellville. On weekends, we served beer and I wasn't allowed to serve, so I was the soda jerk. So fun. Best milkshakes. I built my restaurant experience by also working at Waffle House (in Panama City Beach, FL - and I still have all of my teeth!) and a long career at Applebee's (in Rome, GA and Snellville)
2. Apprentice at Northern Lights Playhouse...my duties were quite glamourous ... raking the dirt, making hot dogs, directing the children's theatre show. I went on to become the Public Relations and Education Director, but that was a brief stint before moving to Cincinnati.
3. Publicity and Education Manager at Broadway in Atlanta. Loved, loved this job. Met cool people. Reached new highs in my career. Shook OJ Simpson's hand and had him tell me that I looked familiar and did he know me from somewhere (he didn't).
4. I am looking forward to starting my newest job on Tuesday as the Marketing Manager for the FSU School of Theatre.
Four movies you would watch over and over:
1.Never Been Kissed
2. Good Will Hunting
3. 13 Going on 30
4. The Princess Bride.
Four places you have lived:
1. Grayson, GA
2. Hazelhurst, WI
3. Cincinnati, OH
4. Tallahassee, FL
Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. Design on a Dime
3. Project Runway
4. MTV Reality shows
Four places you have been on vacation:
1. Los Angeles, CA
2. Palm Coast, FL
3. Cruise to the Eastern Carribean - St. Thomas, St. Maartin
4. New Smyrna Beach, FL
Four websites I visit daily:
1. Two Peas in a Bucket
4. Perez Hilton
Four of my favorite foods:
1. String Cheese
2. Pasta Salad
3. Chicken Burrito-just the insides from Panchero's
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. New York City.
2. Back to yesterday before I was bitten on the face (twice!) by a mosquito. darn mosquito.
3. At my parent's house on the lake ... in the summer.
4. Ummm... in a clean house. darn procrastinating with the cleaning.
I'm not. Never have been. I tried. I'm more bubble gum pop. At least I am good at the whole self analysis thing...right?
Anyway...my name is Jennifer and I am addicted to Scrapbooking. I am. I freely admit it. I am well on my way to driving a mini van with a magnetic soccer ball on the back. As long as said mini van has a DVD player in the back ... I am set.
Back to scrapbooking. I love it. I love the supplies, the paper, the glue that is stuck all over my hands. Even more, I like putting our memories into a tangible form. And I think scrapbooking allows me to be more in the moment (with a camera, of course!) with Michael. Like last night ... Michael decided to practice skateboarding down the hallway. On his belly (he's getting ready for the luge in the Winter olympics, right?) . I probably should have thought about scuffed floors and dirty fingerprints along the wall. But I didn't. I just laughed with him. And clapped at his "Tony Hawk tricks". (How the heck does he know who Tony Hawk is anyway?) And grabbed the camera to document his excitement (see photo above!)
*Pardon the orangey photo - I've been playing with the different settings on my camera. And pardon the dirty floors.
Monday, January 02, 2006
Perhaps one of my New Year intentions will be to write more in this little ole blog. It really is a great way to document the mundane everyday occurrences that I know you are all so very interested in.
Like this one...it is 12:36 am on January 2 and my son is trying to tell me I need to be in bed. Who is the parent here? And? Shouldn't he be asleep? YES! I'm trying to blog here...
Alright I must succumb to the pressures of the child and put him back in the bed. He is going to have a very difficult time on Tuesday when school starts. Heck - I am going to have a very hard time when I have to go back to work on Tuesday.
Next up ... the joys of Christmas, New Years and my intentions for the upcoming year. Should be exciting stuff ... stay tuned.
Smooches to all!