Monday, June 29, 2009

keep breathing.

I am listening to my iTunes library on shuffle today while plugging away at work.  A song that I have not heard in a long while came up.  Keep Breathing by Ingrid Michaelson.  

But all that I know is I'm breathing
All I can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing 
now

This seems to be my mantra of late.  When I am reminded of my devastating loss.  I remind myself to keep breathing.  When I come upon something that Michael had written.  I keep breathing.  When I hear a song that reminds me of him or a lyric that describes this season of my life.  I keep breathing.   

When I mark the days of my calendar.  And when I see that July 1 is only 2 days away.  And when I purchased a new toy to put on Michael's grave.  Because I can't NOT purchase something for my sweet boy on his birthday.  When I think that he will never reach his double digits milestone.  I keep breathing.

This week seems impossible to navigate.
All I can do.  Is keep breathing.


1 comment:

Mom said...

You are not alone.