Wednesday, December 02, 2009

lists

I am a list maker. I make lists for everything. To do. Groceries. Household projects. Songs to purchase. Recipes to try. Crafts to make. You get the point. A list for everything. Lists of lists to make. It's a problem.

Today, I set out to make a list of Christmas gifts to purchase and make. And I wrote Michael's name first. Because that is what I have always done. Seems I am done shopping for him. I bought the tree for his grave. Check. But there are no toys to wrap or toys to hide or toys to try to fine on some obscure website because the stores in town are all sold out.

I found last year's list. I typed it on my laptop. And I found this quote from Michael. A little gift for me as I work through these feelings that I have about this season.

"Christmas is about love, baby jesus being born and happiness. Wait there are four things … I can’t remember the fourth. Happiness, love, baby jesus being born and giving. That’s right giving." Michael, 12/10/2008

How glad was I to find that little nugget? So glad that I typed it out. To remember. Little did I know last year what this year would look like.

Tonight I plan to put up Michael's tree. The one with all of the ornaments that he picked out over the years. This would have been our activity for tonight. Would have been.

4 comments:

Kim said...

My friend you are on my mind CONSTANTLY and tonight will be no different. I know it will not be as joyous as it would have been with Michael but I hope you are able to enjoy putting up his tree and wrapping yourself in the warmth of memories. I love you, sweet friend.

PS: You are right about the list-making! You even made a list of all of your lists. :)

Tammy On the Go said...

and now he knows that Jesus, Face to face.
I love it that you shared this with us.

Tammy On the Go said...

post you may enjoy...
http://sufficientgrace-kelly.blogspot.com/2009/12/remembering-at-christmas.html

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing Michael's sweet words. He got that exactly right, didn't he? So mature for such a young man. Amazing. Thinking of you tonight as you put up Michael's tree. xoxo Love you, lady.