Thursday, July 23, 2009

the beach.

Every last week in July, my parents and my little family go to the beach. Our family best friend's own a house on Crescent Beach. This house is gorgeous and they are so generous to let us use it for the week. Our own swimming pool. Our own beach access. Our own celebrity sightings (I should tell that story one day). The biggest decision of the day is beach or pool. My kind of life.

Michael loved going. And this will be another first. Our first time being there without him. I imagine the pool will be more still. It will not be filled with shouts of glee. There will not be any "Mommy, watch mes" or "Come swimming with me (Pa, Nana, Stu or Mommy)".

It will be quiet. Each of us with our own memories. Of other summers. These are some of my favorite photos from those memory filled, happy times.

I will be glad to be there. But so sad that my favorite swimmer, jumper, sand castle maker will not be by my side.






7 comments:

Tammy On the Go said...

If I had words to give....

Unknown said...

Such beautiful pics. Thank you for sharing.

Kim@The Polka Dot Press said...

Awesome photos! And you have awesome memories, but I know this trip will be bittersweet. Michael will be there with you- I just know it. Love you!

Stacie said...

Praying that you enjoy(ed) your trip to the beach as much as possible. Loved the pics!

Much love,
Stacie Smith

Anne Thomas said...

Pics were great and I know that Michael is there with ya'll, just look to Heaven and you will find him, at Peace, just wanting you to do the same, have a wonderful trip, you so deserve it!

Cindy said...

I love these pictures of Michael, Jenn. He looks like an olympic swimmer in that first shot with the goggles.
Thinkin' bout-cha this week.

Lori said...

Great pictures Jenn. Although I never got to meet Michael, I can't help but notice how big and bright his smile is in pictures. It's like he smiles with his whole face. I love that. What an incredibly amazing child , and I know that you miss him every moment of the day. xoxoxo