Saturday, May 17, 2008

Walking...walking ...more walking.

Lots of walking happening around here! It has been a great week.

I have a few more donors to thank! Many Thanks to Aunt Peggy, Tammy and Bruce (a co-worker of Stu's). So fantastic! Thank you so much for your support! I have now raised $1350.00. Only $850.00 left to my goal - and I am still 23 weeks away. Woot! Woot!

I failed to post this weeks schedule - so I will post this weeks and next weeks. I receive a suggested training schedule from the 3 Day Walk folks - so I decided to follow that one instead of using the one I had put together. It starts with less mileage and builds it up in increasing amounts through the weeks. Without further adieu...

Monday (5/12) - Rest
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - 30 min. cross train
Saturday - 3 miles
Sunday - 3 miles

I followed the plan pretty well this week. I did not do the 30 minute cross train on Friday. I might add that in today and just add in a little strength training.

Next week's schedule:
Monday (5/19) - Rest
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday 15 minute cross train
Thursday - 3 miles
Friday - 30 minute cross train
Saturday - 4 miles
Sunday - 3 miles

And as an added bonus to all this walking, I have lost 8 pounds. And an inch in my waist. Waifish figure ... here I come! Maybe I should get a belly button ring. Just kidding.

No comments: