Monday, December 31, 2007

It's December. Where did the time go?

It's December 31 at 8:28 pm. Almost January. 2008.
I think that I slept through fall.

It is New Year's Eve and we are settled in for the night. Our family tradition is to just be together. We order in (from Harry's this year), get into our jammies and veg until the ball drops. Stu falls asleep on the couch. Michael and I shout Hooray very quietly. It's not a big fancy time ... but I love it just the same.

As per the norm, resolutions are to be made. I'm not so great with the resolutions - I make a list, lose the list, end up finding the list months later, and promptly throw that list away. Not such a useful system. I should post my resolutions here. Let's lose the resolutions word and call it a Deadlines list. I'm good with the Deadlines. Anyway, perhaps putting my deadlines in public (well sorta public ... I'm not certain anyone is still with me!) .. putting my deadlines in sorta-public will have a better effect than a lost list. Like you are all watching me and giving me the evil eye when don't meet the deadlines.

I'll post the list tomorrow. It is a long list. I'll need lots of evil eyes.

In other news ... I am headed to the Big Apple ... the City that Never Sleeps ... NEW YORK CITY! In one week. I am so excited! I love the city - would totally live there if Stu would be willing. I'll see shows ... see some friends ... and attend a work seminar in Audience Development. That's right ... free vacation. With a little seminar thrown in. It's like going to one of those time share condo seminars, but getting to stay at a resort for free.

I bought myself a new coat. It's emerald green. And a hat. It's black. I'm going to throw my hat in the air a la Mary Tyler Moore. Perma-grin the whole week. Any must sees? Must dos? I have a whole day to enjoy! Let me know.

Alright ... deadlines list tomorrow. To be sure blogging will be on the list.
Smooches to all and to all a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Liz Snowden said...

Oh my goodness, you are alive! Welcome back! Not that I am Johnny on the spot blog girl or anything, I'm just sayin....