(I saved this as a draft on January 6. A direct quote from my funny boy.)
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Saturday, January 03, 2009
It is a new year. When did that happen?
The years seems to be going by so quickly. I have a 9 year old. I'm not old enough to have a 9 year old. I'm certain of it. Certain.
As I like to do, I have made a list of resolutions for the upcoming year. I shall list them here ... for all time and eternity.
1. Start smoking.
2. Gain 200 pounds.
Ha! Just kidding.
1. Lose weight. (I have a specific number in mind but I am not wanting to share that with the internet just yet. I would also like this to be the last year that I list this resolution.)
2. Pay off my credit card.
3. Host 3 parties or dinner parties. (We never have people over. I would like to end that trend.)
4. Declutter/Organize all of our closets, and garage. (We have a ton of crap. A ton.)
5. Paint/Redo the kitchen.
6. Stick to our family budget.
7. Institute an allowance plan for Michael and open a savings account for him. (We are a bit late to this party ... but no time like the present, right?)
8. Raise $3000.00 for the 3 Day Walk. (Yep ... totally signed up again for the Atlanta walk)
9. Train vigorously for the 3 Day Walk.
10. Plan one large fundraiser for the 3 Day Walk. (All of my donations were from fantastic family and friends last year. I would like to also supplement with a large fundraising event - I have some ideas ... just need to do the legwork now.)
11. Buy new glasses.
12. Be more spontaneous. (I hate surprises. Hate. With a capital H. But I would like to be surprised. And not hate it.)
13. Record more moments of our life in blog and scrapbook.
14. Go to New York City. (This is always on my list. I Love that city. Love. With a capital L).
That covers it. I'm looking forward to 2009 being a great year.